We decided to have Reese's party at a park near our house. We thought it was appropriate since we walk by the park a lot and it has a really nice shelter. The weather had been gorgeous for weeks leading up to the party so I wasn't worried about it one bit and thus did not come up with any backup plan for the party.
Little did I know that Fall/Winter would come to town on the day of the party!! We got to the park 2 hours before the party started to start decorating and it was FREEZING cold and WINDY!!
I was so stressed out. None of our party decorations really worked out because it was so windy. I was so stressed that people would not have fun because it was so cold! Also, I had to completely change plans for what Reese was going to wear. A short sleeve birthday shirt and tutu that Aunt Mary made were just not going to be warm enough!
So I continued to stress out while Grandma Dina and Aunt Mary went to buy Reese a WINTER coat and jeans!!
Finally it was party time. Unfortunately the weather did not improve, but we did our best to enjoy the party. There were about 20 people at the party and I was so glad that everyone was able to make it! After eating a delicious lunch that Grandpa Don made we all decided to come back to our house to eat cake & open gifts. It was a wise decision as it was much less windy by our house and thus a bit warmer.
Reese, Lee and I had a great time opening gifts. She got a ton of gifts!! Thank you everyone!!
Then it was time for cake! Reese loves cake as you can see in the pics below...
| Reese all bundled up eating lunch at the party. |
![]() |
| Reese's best bud Chloe came to the party too! |
![]() |
| Gorgeous Grandma Dina at the party. |
| Lady was there too. |
| Enjoying cake! |
| Opening gifts in the garage. |
Even with the crappy weather it did turn out to be a great party. The most important thing is that Reese had a great time and she is loved by SO MANY people!
I know her 2nd birthday is going to be here before we know it. I just need to remember to have her next party INDOORS!!




No comments:
Post a Comment