Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reese is 2!

I still can't believe that my baby girl is 2!  Her actual birthday fell on a Thursday this year so I took the day off work to celebrate with her.  Lee got home from work early in time for us to go to Ella's Deli for lunch!  Reese was completely amazed by all of the toys and characters in the restaurant. 

All of the pictures I took of her at Ella's look like this:


She was too busy looking around to be bothered with looking at the camera!

After lunch we headed back home to open gifts!  She really enjoyed opening the gifts and it was great fun to watch her tear through the wrapping paper.


I found that apron she is wearing at the Dollar Store while I was shopping for birthday party decorations.  I think it is just adorable!

Here's one of Reese looking at the flash cards right after she got them open.  She looks intrigued...




Here is one a split-second later of her chucking the flash cards to move onto the next gift!



One of her favorite gifts was a toddler size Elmo backpack that I found for her at Walmart.  It was so cute watching her wear it along with her apron!




As soon as she got it on she walked away as if she was leaving for school!  How does she know this?



Of course Henry was there to help Reese open gifts.  Side note: we finally figured out what kind of dog Henry is.  He is a Black Lab/Beagle, not a Black Lab/Basset Hound like we thought.


Still wearing the backpack while cooking some apple and watermelon.


After dinner we heading to the bakery to get Reese a cupcake for her birthday.  Yes, I'm a slacker and didn't make my daughter a birthday cake on her actual birthday.  But, to my defense I had big plans to make an Elmo cake and 50 Elmo cupcakes for her birthday party.  More on that later...

We put 2 candles on her cupcake and sang happy birthday to her.  She was pretty ticked off about it at first.


Then she realized that we was going to get to eat a cupcake and cheered right up! 



 She made a complete disaster out of herself, but enjoyed every minute of it and at the entire cupcake!  She definitely has a sweet tooth like her mom and dad!











1 comment:

  1. Aspen did the same thing when we sang to her b/c she didn't want to be patient and wait for the cupcake! Hope she had a great bday!

    ReplyDelete