Tonight is the big night... Reese is going to sleep in her own room for the first time ever. I think it is going to be much harder on Lee and I than it is on her. But, I figure it will be easier on her if we do it sooner rather than later. Since Reese was born she has slept in a pack-n-play next to our bed, so it is going to be really strange not having her right next to us. I'm worried that I will wake up and freak out that she is not next to me, but I have taken every precaution that a paranoid, over-protective, first-time-mom can take. See the evidence of this below:
A video camera pointed at the crib.

The AngelCare monitor detects Reese's breathing and will sound an alarm if she ever stops breathing.

The video monitor that is sitting on our night stand so that I can see her without actually getting out of bed to go to her room.
You may think I'm crazy for using these things, but seriously they are necessities for me. If I didn't have them Reese would probably be sleeping in our room until she is 10! Thanks to Grandma Dina for the AngelCare monitor and Lee for the video monitor. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment