Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF & 6 Month Stats

TGIF!! It has been a long week. Reese hasn't slept through the night since we went on our trip last weekend. I guess that is what we get for messing up her routine. So I've been getting on average 2-3 hours of sleep at a time before she wakes up SCREAMING! To top it off I've been battling a cold since last Saturday and it finally got the best of me over the last couple of days. On Thursday I completely lost my voice and today I'm having coughing attacks so bad that I can't catch my breath. Lovely. So, needless to say I am TIRED! I'm really hoping Reese goes back to sleeping through the night soon. But really, with a face like this you can't help but be happy even when it is 2AM and you have to wake up at 5AM for work.



On Wednesday I took Reese for her 6 month checkup. Here are her stats:
  • Weight: 14lbs, 14oz (23 percentile for age). That is exactly 1lb more than last month. As a side note, Reese's cousin Hayley weighs 12lbs at only 6 WEEKS OLD (that must be 100th percentile for age)! Hayley will catch up to Reese really fast!
  • Height: 27inches (89th percentile for age). That is exactly 1 inch more than last month. She is still tall and thin and likely will stay that way.
  • We found out that she has eczema on her forehead. Poor little girl. She has always had a habit of scratching her head and finally at this Dr. appointment they noticed that she has it. We are treating it with lots and lots of lotion. I'm hoping it goes away soon.
  • She continues to eat and LOVE all of the food that I make her. She is now starting to learn to use a sippy cup. It is so cute to watch her grab it and try to get it in her mouth, but instead hits herself in the cheek or forehead with it.
  • She is getting better and sitting by herself. We still have to sit right next to her because she topples over every now and then.
  • The Dr. said she will be crawling anytime now and advised us to start childproofing now! This is a project that I have been dreading. It means I now have to start by getting the carpets shampooed and keeping my floor meticulously clean, find find a new home for the cat food/water and find a good gate to put at the top of our stairs. The floor cleaning is going to be the hardest part for me. I wish I had enough money to have a maid come a couple of times per month!! There just isn't enough time in the day to keep the house spotless everyday!
  • Reese still does not have any teeth. The Dr. said most kids get teeth at 4 months, but not to worry since she will probably start teething soon and then get them all at once.
That's all for now. Here's to hoping to get a full night sleep tonight!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment