Today was the first day in my One a Day Project that I did not take a photo of Reese. Unfortunately I have good reason for this. November 16, 2010 started out as a great day, but turned out to be one of the worst days of our family's life.
November 16, 2010 was the day that we lost our first family dog... or should I say puppy. She was only a puppy. Lady snuck out of the house and got hit by a car that day. It was the most tragic thing that Lee or I had ever witnessed in our lives and I wish that no one ever had to watch their pet die.
I miss her. As much as I am not a dog person and as much as Lady got on my last nerve, I do miss her.
Lee is taking it really hard. Lady was one of his best friends and I can see the hurt in his eyes. She was with him constantly. I always asked him if he ever got sick of Lady tagging along with him all over the house and he always said no.
It has only been a few days since we lost her, but I hope that time will take the sadness away.
Rest in Peace Lady
Feb 25, 2010 - Nov 16, 2010
Dear Lee, Lisa and Baby Reese,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for the loss of your Lady. I know how the sadness comes and goes from day-to-day.
We had to put our 18 1/2 year old poodle, Tasha, "to sleep" on November 12th. I miss her terribly. She was our only "kid" that was still living at home!
Know that Lady and Tasha and all the puppies and kitties and other furry animals that went on before them are in a big animal park in the sky and they're having a great time - 'til we see them again :)