- Reese is officially walking as of October 27, 2010. She is getting better and better each day and it is so fun to just sit and watch her toddle around. I'll get a video posted on here soon of this new skill.
- At 14 months old Reese is absolutely hilarious and full of personality. I must say that this is my favorite age so far!
- Words Reese says:
- "Hi" - her favorite word by far. I bet she says it no less than 100 times per day. From the time she wakes up in the morning to the time she goes to bed at night she says "hi" to everyone! When we are out in public people are so caught off guard and surprised when she says "hi" to them!
- "Dada/Daddy" - probably her 2nd favorite word. She says it when she sees her Dad. She also says it when pointing at anything hanging on a wall or from a ceiling. We haven't quite figured out exactly what she is trying to say. Any ideas?
- "Thank You" - Reese says "thank you" anytime she is given something (food, toy, etc) and also anytime she really wants something (usually something that she can't have like nailclippers, scissors, etc). I love that she thinks that if she says thank you enough you will give her something! I am so proud that Reese is already a polite child. One of the most important things for me as a parent is to raise Reese as a well-mannered, respectful person. I really hate seeing kids who are not polite to each other or adults, but lets not get started on that topic! I could go on and on...
- "Baby"
- "Cheese" - Just like her Dad, cheese is her favorite food!
- "Uh oh" - She is now in the stage of saying "uh-oh" THEN throwing her food/cup onto the floor. Little stinker.
- "Doggy"
- "Kitty" - Reese LOVES cats. Our cats commonly come in Reese's room while we are playing and Reese gets so happy!
- "Peek-a-Boo/Peek" - She has started playing peek-a-boo with her own hands instead of using a blanket and it is the cutest thing ever.
- "Mama" - She very rarely says this. Usually it is only when she is really ticked off in the middle of the night and wants a bottle. She will yell "MAMA!"
- "Baba"
- "Ducky"
- "Sit" - I recently taught Reese to sit because she has started standing and WALKING in the bathtub during her baths. I kind of felt like I was teaching a puppy to sit! I must say that Reese caught on to this skill much faster than any dog would though and it did not require any treats! ;)
- Things Reese is doing:
- Teething - She now has 6 teeth. 3 on top and 3 on bottom. I expect more are coming soon since the last 4 all came in at once.
- Eating - She refuses to eat baby food. I find myself planning meals that I will make for the whole family around what she can eat with only 6 teeth.
- Exploring - She loves walking around the house and getting into things. She likes to open cabinets and drawers and take things in and out. I'm working to get cabinet locks installed, but it is such a pain! She also likes getting herself into small spaces. Last weekend she got stuck climbing onto a shelf at the bottom of the kitchen table. That was not a fun rescue!
- Kissing - This is the cutest thing! She makes a "mmmmm" sound and then gives a kiss! She loves stuffed animals right now and gives them kissing constantly.
- Aunt Mary & Uncle A-ron are visiting us next week to installing our new laminate wood floors!! SO EXCITED for this!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Yet Another Long Overdue Update
I didn't realize how long it had been since I last updated this blog. Reese's 1st Birthday seems like ages ago and time is moving by so fast. Here is a list of things we've been up to lately:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment