Last Friday (over a week ago) Reese woke up with a fever. She ended up being diagnosed with a double ear infection. I wasn't totally surprised by this because a little boy at daycare had just been diagnosed with an ear infection the day before, so I knew she may be getting sick. It was the first time she was really sick and it was horrible!! I felt so helpless and I could tell she was feeling so sick.
By Sunday she was feeling a lot better, but I started getting sick on Tuesday. It started with a sore throat and high fever for me. I had a fever of 102.2 which is very strange for me because I almost never get sick. I was so sick until Thursday when I was finally feeling well enough to go back to work. But, that day at work I started having "prickly" sensations in my hands and feet as if I was getting stabbed by a bunch of tiny thorns. By the end of the work day I decided to call the doctor to see what was going on. Luckily they were able to get me in that night and I was diagnosed with HAND, FOOT and MOUTH DISEASE!! What the heck?????
The doctor that I saw had never seen this in an adult. He said that Reese definitely had it too and she got it from the boy at day care. The doctor explained that I would be contagious until 6/28/10 and that I needed to stay home. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that Lee, Reese and I were supposed to be leaving town for Hayley's baptism on Saturday!! Also, it was Lee's birthday on Friday and we were going to go out to dinner with a bunch of friends. The doctor told me I was not allowed to go to either event.
So, it has been a pretty crappy week for me, but I'm feeling a lot better and looking forward to getting back to my normal life soon.
While Lee was out of town my Dad came to keep us company and run errands for me since I couldn't leave the house. He thought that Reese needed to play in a pot. She had a ton of fun with it!

No comments:
Post a Comment