Thursday, December 17, 2009

August 31, 2009

This is where our story begins... It was a Monday and I was as big as a house. After enduring weeks and weeks of bed rest to ward of preterm labor, I finally had returned to work.  I was 37.5 weeks pregnant and so ready to meet my baby! That morning I had my weekly prenatal doctor appointment. I was eagerly anticipating this appointment because I had a feeling that it may be the last one. The appointment went very well. I had gained 30lbs (which was my goal) and was already 4.5cm dilated. The doctor said that my body was ready to have the baby any day (although she had been saying this since I went into preterm labor in July).
After the appointment I was really excited because I knew my baby girl would be here soon. I went to work that day and dealt with all the people saying "I can't believe you haven't had that baby yet!!" This was incredibly frustrating to me especially knowing that I still technically had quite a while to my due date of Sept 17.
That night I went home and told Lee that I was going for a long walk. He was hesitant to let me go by myself, but I thought it was a perfect idea! If I had any issues I could just call him to pick me up :)
After I got back from my walk I took this picture:




I can't believe my belly could get that big!!

Sadly, nothing happened that night. At this point I began to believe she would never come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment