Thursday, December 17, 2009

September 1, 2009

It was a Tuesday morning and I was still as big as a house. I woke up this morning grumpy and frustrated that I was still pregnant. I went to work grumpy and dealt with the "You haven't had that baby yet?" comments until about 10am. I was about to help someone with a computer problem and that is when it happened... (drum roll please)

MY WATER BROKE!!

Well, at the time I wasn't actually sure that it was my water that broke. It wasn't like in the movies where a flood comes out of the woman's pants, it was far, far less dramatic. I called Lee and told him that I though it was time. If I remember correctly his reaction was "No way". Since I wasn't 100% sure that this was the start of labor I decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. The hospital is only a couple blocks away from work so I figured I would just drive myself over. Of course everyone in the office thought I was nuts for driving myself, but I insisted.

By the time I got to the hospital my jeans were soaked.  I rushed to OB triage hoping that no one noticed my jeans.  I waited for what seemed like forever for the nurse to come see me and confirm that I was in fact in labor.  At this point I called Lee and told him to bring my bags and head to the hospital.
At about 12pm I started feeling the contractions.  It was the worst pain imaginable and I wanted an epidural so bad, but had to wait until my doctor arrived at the hospital.  I finally got the epidural at about 3:30 pm, actually it was the third epidural because the first 2 didn't work.  By the time the epidural was placed I was 10cm and ready to push!  After almost an hour of pushing my sweet baby Reese Marie was born into this world!!  She weighed in at 6lbs 2oz and was 17.5 inches long.  What a little peanut she was!!


No comments:

Post a Comment